Comments and Email sending rules

marijan
Name: Marijan Grijakovic

Comments and Email sending rules

Post by marijan »

Hello Sergey,

I found new issue with comments and Email sending rules.
For example:
1.For one Entity there is Email sending rules for editing record ex. change status and it send mail by Rules - Send to users (in my case to manager) and it is ok.

2.Second Email sending rules is to send mail to users (manager) for other field when is changed and that is ok but.

When in Entity is added new comments then in email is send system mail for new comment to created by (manager) and send all Email sending rules to users (manager) from rules in sending to users even if that rules is not for comment (only for edited record and specific type of status.
Also there is Email sending rules like from 1. and 2. but Rules is - send to assigned users (client) and that rules is not sended with new comment from entity wich is ok.
So only with new comments Emails sending rules send all mails with ruels editing record send to users (manager).
Normally system have to send only mail for new comment without Email sending rules for edited record because record is not edited.

Other problem for comments is that when comment is added by user (manager or client) mail is sended only to created by (manager) not to user (client) who add that comment and if user(manager) add comment or reply on comment then user (client) didn't receive mail with notification for new comment.

My suggestion: If there is option that can be turned of system notification for new comments and only to use Email sending rules for new comments then it will be no problem like this. (I allready try but only I can't turn off standard notification for new comments and assigned user(client) not receive Email sending rules for new comment).

Sorry for long text but I try to explain you short as possible this error.

Regards
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Comments and Email sending rules

Post by support »

There is option "Disable notifications" in field configuration. If it's checked then user will not get standard notification. Try it.
Attachments
screenshot-pm.rukovoditel.net-2019.01.22-07-04-44.png
marijan

Post by marijan »

Yes I allready try this but is it same.
marijan

Post by marijan »

It is same for Team, they don't receive notification for new comment.
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Ok, try to explain again where the issue is.
Please provide screenshot of your email rules and screenshot of item page and show which users get or not get emails.
marijan

Post by marijan »

Ok, here is screen of item page where is two comments.

When first comment from user is added then in email of manager is received notification for new comment and also is received 2 mails from Email sending rules(all rules are for editing record):

and also from this:

As you can see that Email sending rules are only for changing status not for comments. So this is not need to send when is added new comment.

And on item from same picture when is added second comment from manager then is same only manager receive notification not user and same problem is that is sending also mails from Email sending rules to users from the list(in this case manager)

Only this Email sending rules is not sended when is added new comment (same things have to be for 2 rules before because rules are not for comments)

Hope that I explain good in this short way :)
support
Site Admin

Post by support »

Found issue. File from archive replace to modules\items\actions\
Let me know if it works ok now.
Attachments
comments.zip
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
marijan

Post by marijan »

Perfect Sergey,
It works, there is no other mails only mail for comment to manager and user.

Thanks genius