Njfgroup
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Nick Francis
Company Name: Global Intelligence Bureau

Chat and Cron

Post by Njfgroup »

Hey Sergey,

I setup cron for chats however these are the following problems.
1) I setup to send an email for unread chats via cron every 30 minuteshowever, the email is only being send once and never again.

2) The email received that sais "You have unread messages" also has a link to click and open the chat window... however when clicking it redirects to /index.php?module=ext/app_chat/chat_window. When I add my site such as https://example.site.com/index.php?modu ... hat_window the chat window opens up(the email link does not add the example.site.com before the /index.php?module=ext/app_chat/chat_window.

Also, I dont know if it is a different code or not but when I go to the cron folder in rukovoditel and then go to cron/chat.php next to the chdir it shows "chdir(substr(__DIR__,0,-5));
It is the same on all cron (php) files in the folder... The backup.php is the same but it works perfectly so I do not have to change it like previous versions such as 'chdir(../.'); ...to... chdir('/home/yourlogin/public_html/pm/');.

I did however try and did change it in the chat.php but still no changes, the email is not being sent other then the first original time and no more.

Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong?

See attached screenshot of my email and the link address when I highlight it.

Thanks!!
Attachments
Email link
Email link
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Chat and Cron

Post by support »

You have to configure option CRON_HTTP_SERVER_HOST in config/server.php file. By default it's empty:

Code: Select all

define('CRON_HTTP_SERVER_HOST','');
Cron will be send only once if you don't have new messages. If you will have some then it will send msg again.
Njfgroup
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Njfgroup »

Got it, thanks!!

I left the msg unread for 10 hours with the Cron set at twice per hour and only received it once...

I will fix the solution you gave me and see if that changes anything with notification.

Thanks again Sergey!!
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

Note: also server can delay notification. Some times I have the same issue on my server.
Njfgroup
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Njfgroup »

Understood. Thank you Sergey!