Cannot install Update

Jochen
Name: Joachim Suehlo
Company Name: b-prisma

Cannot install Update

Post by Jochen »

I try to install update from 2.01 to beta 2.1.
I follow your steps, hoping I understood everything right:
1. Made a copy of the database
2. Made a copy of the ruko-folder
3. Overwrite all files on the server by the new 2.1 files (overwrite, not merge)
4. Overwrite all ext-files
5. Create a new database.php with the settings of the new database
6. Run /install/autoupdate/from_2.0_to_2.1.php (very short duration)
7. run /install/ext_autoupdate/from_1.6_to_1.7.php
8. delete install folder and run home path

Are these steps not correct?

I always get error messages like this:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/path1/path2/pm/config/database.php:1) in /www/path1/path2/pm/includes/application_top.php on line 58

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/path1/path2/pm/config/database.php:1) in /www/path1/path2/pm/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 91

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/path1/path2/pm/config/database.php:1) in /www/path1/path2/pm/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 91

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/path1/path2/pm/config/database.php:1) in /www/path1/path2/pm/includes/functions/urls.php on line 11
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Cannot install Update

Post by support »

It's not clear for me why did you create new database? you have to use old one you want to upgrade.

Anyway you did mistake in config/database.php:1

See database_example.php file. The file format should be the same.
No any spaces before <?php
Jochen
Name: Joachim Suehlo
Company Name: b-prisma

Re: Cannot install Update

Post by Jochen »

It's not clear for me why did you create new database? you have to use old one you want to upgrade.
You wrote on your blog "but don’t upgrade live app", so I duplicated both the folder and the database (it was not empty, just a copy). I thought it would not be good, if the 2.01 version runs with a database updated to version 2.1.
Do you suggest to use the "old" database, so I will have all the changes in there for the new release?

I changed the database.php as you wrote and now it works, after I had to restore the database,
because my phpmyadmin did not sav all the database content (very strange).