Automatic "Add in" Selection?

Ask your questions here.
empmdk
Name: Brandon Ramey

Automatic "Add in" Selection?

Post by empmdk »

I'm trying to restructure my entities. We have a car wash service with teams stationed at several car dealerships. At the moment, we have an entity per dealership with user groups configured according to the dealership they are assigned to.
As we have more teams distributed to new dealerships, it is requiring us to program everything repeatedly.

I am trying to figure out a structure that would allow us to set everything up once and as we add more dealerships, all we would need to do is add a record for the dealership and create user groups for it.
This is what I have so far.
entity-structure.png
  • Dealerships contains basic information of the dealership such as name, address and a user access groups field.
  • Service Orders contains the vehicle information and acts as an invoice.
  • Jobs are the services being performed on the vehicle.
  • Services only contains service name input field and service price numeric field. Each dealership can have its own set of services available.
The issue I'm running into is specifically with the "Add in" dialog that comes up when a user who is assigned to a specific dealership tries to add a Service Order/Vehicle. Since the user group they are part of is configured to only see one of the dealerships, it would be great to be able to skip this part of the process and have it automatically select the dealership based on their user group in some way.

Is there anything I can do with this or any recommendations on changing the structure?
p.dimitrov
Name: Pavel

Re: Automatic "Add in" Selection?

Post by p.dimitrov »

If Dealerships are user accounts and they are creating the orders then "Service Orders" could be a moved as a Main Entity and not a child of Dealerships. Then when dealership adds new order, automatically assign [current_user_id] of that dealership to a "User" or "Entity" field called "Dealership". From that field you can get all the important info and prices with php /mysql query fields.
empmdk
Name: Brandon Ramey

Re: Automatic "Add in" Selection?

Post by empmdk »

Dealerships is not being used as user accounts. We have a set of user groups for our users. Each set of user groups needs to be assigned to a specific Dealership.
For example: user groups for "Detail", "Service Advisor", "Shop Manager", etc.