Njfgroup
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Nick Francis
Company Name: Global Intelligence Bureau

Twilio - SMS Module

Post by Njfgroup »

Hello,

I activated Twilio as the SMS client and setup everything to notify users via SMS when they are assigned a new project and task. Everything works fine and the SMS is being sent however the administrators, case directors and field managers (users) receive 2 same SMS messages instead of 1... but weirdly enough, the field investigators (employees) are getting only 1 as it is supposed to.... how can I fix this?

i.e. the below example is my setup for SMS notifications and they receive it double which causes Twilio to charge 2-3 SMS instead of 1. This is ONLY on the admins, Case Directors and Field Managers (each have a set of privileges another doesn't) etc.

"You have beed assigned project 123
Start Date: 01/24/2020 17:30
End Date: 01/24/2020 20:30
Work Hours: 3

Login to view your projects and tasks: https://xxx.xxxxxxx.xxx"

Initially I had it setup to send any changes to the Case Status (Open, Assigned, On Hold, Closed) or Task Status to assigned users.... I then changed it to Notify when field value change -> Investigators... however everyone are still getting the SMS 2 times (admins, case directors and field managers).... additionally, if I am assigned on the case as an administrator I am getting 3 SMS... Could it be due to the admins, Case directors and Field Ops Managers having more privileges then an investigator?

I then ONLY selected for investigators to receive SMS when assigned a Project or Task however everyone still gets them and the managers still get 2-3 SMS.

Below I have some screenshots that might help to see my fields setup.

Thanks!
Nick Francis
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Project.PNG
Tasks.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Twilio - SMS Module

Post by support »

Found this issue. File from archive replace to plugins\ext\classes\
Let me know if it works ok now.
Attachments
sms.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Njfgroup
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Njfgroup »

Hey Sergey,

I replaced the file but it still does the same thing... I now only created to notify when the field "Field Operation Manager" changes and still the Admin, Filed Manager and Investigator are still getting the SMS 2-3 times...
See below attachment from the rule I created with the new file and also the Twilio Dashboard showing that everyone got the SMS..

Can it be possible to have only the selected field to get notified with only 1 SMS and not everyone with multiple (double) SMS?
i.e. if the user "Case Director changes"... only the case director will be sent an SMS etc...

Also, on the screenshot from the Twilio console you can notice the date and time... although I only have Field Manager, everyone got the SMS at the same time...

Thanks,
Nick Francis
Attachments
12.PNG
13.PNG
12.PNG
13.PNG
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

Can it be possible to have only the selected field to get notified with only 1 SMS and not everyone with multiple (double) SMS?
At the moment it's not possible. If you set "Send to assigned user" means all assigned user will get sms.
I already have added in plan to select field who will be notified.
Njfgroup
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Njfgroup »

Ok, sounds great!!

Thank you Sergey!