Resource timeline row misalignment bug

Eddy
Name: Eduardo

Re: Resource timeline row misalignment bug

Post by Eddy »

Broke the demo install :o sorry. I was trying to upload my application database to create some dummy data when I had an error and now I can't get to the login page.
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Post by support »

Send me backup file in private msg and I will restore it.
Eddy
Name: Eduardo

Post by Eddy »

PM seems to be stock, my last message has been siting in Outbox for about 3 hours now. I am posting my latest findings here for future reference and the benefit of the Ruko community...

Last night I was looking at some other possibilities for this misalignment error. Noticed that in the simple examples that we have tried the information to be reported was not filtered ( i.e. I didn't add any filters, like for example show only open tasks). I removed all the filters for the entities in my production application and the misalignment disappears, regardless of the number of columns used for the list on the left.

On an aside note, I also noticed that couldn't filter the entity resource data using more than or less than operators when looking at MySQL formula filed that references a counter function. As an example, the implementation I tried looks something like this:

Say that the resource timeline is created using Projects as resource timeline and Tasks with start and end dates as entities.

As part of the setup, say you implemented two functions to count the number of open and closed tasks. Then add two fields type MySQL Formula that reference these created functions in the Project's entity/table to show a list that looks something like:

Project 1 : Open Tasks 3 : Closed Tasks 0
Project 2 : Open Tasks 0 : Closed Tasks 5
Project 3 : Open Tasks 2 : Closed Tasks 6
etc.

Coming back to the resource timeline report, try to use the Project's Open task MySQL Formula field to filter the Projects with Open tasks > 0. In this case, nothing is shown in the report. I am assuming the query is just yielding a NULL value instead of, as per the example, Project 1 and 3.