Resource Timeline - Related Items challenge

Ask your questions here.
tripmon
Name: T M

Resource Timeline - Related Items challenge

Post by tripmon »

Using 2 peer entities under a parent with “related items” links.
A is “resource” (lodging), B is “time data” (booking)
IMG_6409.jpeg
Should I be able to use a “related item” field in the top arrow box in image?
Seems like it’s looking for -exactly- that relationship, but can not save that configuration, as field is “required” and selector is blank.
IMG_6412.jpeg
Oddly the date fields from the “related item” are available…
IMG_6410.jpeg
If I change the Entity selection to a non related entity, the date fields are not populated.
IMG_6411.jpeg
Seems as though the “related item” should be able to be used to signify/satisfy the relationship in the “Relation with entity” field?

The “related items” links work as expected and the “booking” record shows linked “lodging” and vice versa.

Aside: tried adding “entity ajax” field to resource “A” but can not figure out how to populate the default value with the “related item” value on the same record.
The addition of “entity” field to the “booking” entity allows me to complete the configuration of the Resource Timeline, but I need to manually correlate the value to the record’s existing “related item” value in order to have the record data appear in the report.

If I’m not able to use the “related item” field from “booking” in the Resource timeline, but have captured the relationship to “lodging” in “related items” on the record, what would be the best way to configure the “booking” entity to allow me to use the Resource timeline? It seems to require the “entity” field, but I can’t manage to transfer the value of the “related item” field into the “entity” field. (I can transfer the “related item” value into patterned text or other fields, just not entity).
Last, the “booking” entity has multiple “related items” (just to clarify in the case of autodetection).

Thanks.
Last edited by tripmon on 30 Mar 2024, 21:02, edited 2 times in total.
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Resource Timeline - Related Items Bug?

Post by support »

This is not bug. This report not supported this field type.
tripmon
Name: T M

Re: Resource Timeline - Related Items Bug?

Post by tripmon »

I understand. Thank you, the date field population was why i questioned.

Is there a reference you could direct me to which may help me better understand how to transfer the value of a populated “related item” into an “entity” field on the same record?

I am unable to figure out how to do this using automated action on the record (at, or after creation) or using default field values in entity field configuration.

To clarify I can get the “related item” value multiple ways, it is assigning the value to the “entity” or “entity Ajax” field in the same record that I am unable to accomplish.

Thank you.
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Resource Timeline - Related Items challenge

Post by support »

related item is special field. The data stored in extra Table. You can not dimple transfer data to new field type.