Skip Add In drop down when only one parent

Ask your questions here.
tripmon
Name: T M

Skip Add In drop down when only one parent

Post by tripmon »

Hi all,
Week long user and fan, extension enabled, first time forum poster.
I'm learning the system using Case Files Professional Templates and have created and configured a top level parent entity named "Account", A User Access Group "Account Admin", and an instance of each for reference. Permissions and access appear to work as intended.

Is there a way to avoid selecting from an “Add In” selector at record creation when there is only a single parent ("mydevlab" account instance in bottom picture) and a single option in the selector drop box? There is a single parent so I don’t know why the “Add In” is even being invoked… I'm guessing because it is implicit, but I don't know how to make it explicit (both the user, and the sub-entity being created (Case), share the same parent ("mydevlab" account)).

Thanks and I think the system is very elegant and well thought out.

EDIT:
found that going through parent entity (Account) listing page (top pic after edit ) with the same user (Account Admin) provides necessary parent context that removes the single choice "Add In" dropdown to create sub-entity (Case).

to ask the original question a different way...
With the User (Account Admin) also being a child of the same parent entity (Account), is there a way to hand off the same credentials ([parent_item_id]) for creation of a sub-entity (Case) using the left menu panel (without having to select the only option existing in an "Add In" dropdown), as opposed to having to go to parent entity listing view to create the entity (with parent context (same relationship as defined in, and shared by User)) with no "Add In" selector appearing?

2nd EDIT:
Have found that the problem with menu button forcing dropdown is coming from a report:
/index.php?module=reports/view&reports_id=15353
however, there is no report with that ID that is visible in Reports->Standard Reports, nor within Extension->Reports.

Additional Question:
Is there a diagram or doc / post, on inherent system level entity based permissions (that do not require in app entry, selection or configuration to occur at system level)?
I tried to read all the docs and search the forum, please forgive me if I overlooked the obvious.
Attachments
ruko_add_in.jpg
IMG_5624.jpeg
Didou12
Name: Louis

Re: Skip Add In drop down when only one parent

Post by Didou12 »

Hi
For a dropdown list (not AJAX), select the first value at the init of the form if just one value is available
viewtopic.php?p=18058#p18058
Using Rukovoditel since 2022 --- v3.4 (with extension) in French on PHP 8.2
I keep the French translation up to date
I'm trying to help you (+10 years experience in html, css, php, sql, JS/jquery, python)
tripmon
Name: T M

Post by tripmon »

Thank you Didou. Nice JS library you shared.
Didou12
Name: Louis

Post by Didou12 »

You’re welcome :mrgreen:
Using Rukovoditel since 2022 --- v3.4 (with extension) in French on PHP 8.2
I keep the French translation up to date
I'm trying to help you (+10 years experience in html, css, php, sql, JS/jquery, python)