Ask your questions here.
brave
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Patrick

Button Logic in Automate actions

Post by brave »

Hello everyone,

I am reaching out with a problem and hope for your support. It's about controlling the visibility of a button through actions in our software. The button becomes visible when certain fields – for example, a, b, c, d, e, f, g – are filled out. This includes both text entries and attaching files.

Now, I'm facing the challenge of reversing this logic. My goal is to provide feedback to the user if certain fields are not yet filled out (With the number of fields, it's easy to lose track and this should help us). For example, I want to display a message like: "You have not filled out fields a, b, c, d, e, f yet to choose this action" or "Fields a, c, e are still missing."

I've tried to implement this through a separate action, but it doesn't seem to work, as it would require a separate action for each field. That doesn't seem practical to me.

Does anyone have an idea on how I could implement this? After an action is chosen, it's easier again to display a button that says: "Action has been performed." But I am still looking for a solution for the previous step.

I am really looking forward to your suggestions and thank you in advance!