Excel import value to update dropdown field

Ask your questions here.
StuartB_75
Name: Stuart B

Excel import value to update dropdown field

Post by StuartB_75 »

Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
My client is transitioning from one system to this app and they are exporting all their data as an excel spreadsheet.
In the exported spreadsheet is a column headed 'DIDforCirc' which has a value of either 'Yes' or 'No'. In the app there is a field with the same name that the value is imported into. There is also a dropdown list of the various requests that a customer can ask for.

I'd like to know if it's possible to import the values from the spreadsheet into the app and, where the value of the DIDforCirc is 'Yes', make it select a certain value from the drop-down menu to show in the listings. Does the 'Yes' / 'No' value even need to be saved, or is it possible to perform the action on the drop-down menu values on import?

I think a PHP code field is what I need and I've tried to follow the examples in the documentation, but I'm very new to PHP and getting myself rather confused.

If anyone could spare some time to talk me through the steps that would be appreciated. I've got several of these scenarios to complete, so once I've done one I'm hoping I can do the others on my own.

I hope that makes sense, apologies if not.
Thanks very much in advance
StuartB_75
Name: Stuart B

Re: Excel import value to update dropdown field

Post by StuartB_75 »

Any ideas anyone? 🙂
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Excel import value to update dropdown field

Post by support »

You can create dropdown filed with 'Yes' / 'No' values and then import data.
Or you can replace 'Yes' / 'No' to 'ture' / 'false' and use Boolean field type.