aci
Sponsor
Sponsor
Name: Andrei I

Abnormal behaviour of Entity Multilevel Dropdown field

Post by aci »

Hello Dev Team,

I have noticed this abnormal behaviour of Entity Multilevel Dropdown field:

I am unable to copy data from a top level entity to a sub-sub-entity.

I have one top entity Customers with fields Client ID, Name, Phone, Postcode, Address, Email.

Than I have a sub-sub-entity Orders (from another top level entity Weeks, sub-entity Zones, sub-sub-entity Orders) with fields Client ID, Name, Phone, Postcode, Address, Email and a special field Choose Customer (field type Entity Multilevel Dropdown that is connected to top level Customers entity).

Now the problem:

When I try to add a new record in Orders entity, the name of the field Choose Customer appear on the form but I do not have the corresponding search field for searching data in the connected entity Customers neither the plus button that should allow me to add a new record in Customers entity.

If I move the top level Customers entity with Change Structure and I put it under Weeks>Zones entity, at the same entity level as Orders, like this Weeks>Zones>Orders and Weeks>Zones>Customers, than the Entity Multilevel Dropdown field Choose Customer from Orders entity is working as it should, I can search for customers or I can add new customers from plus sign.

Please try to fix this because Customers entity should be a top level entity in any application, but a sub-entity like Orders that is using data from Customers by an Entity Multilevel Dropdown field may be hidden after a while in order to hide old orders from the current ones.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!
support
Site Admin
Name: Sergey Kharchishin

Re: Abnormal behaviour of Entity Multilevel Dropdown field

Post by support »

This not 100% clear what do you mean. Try reproduce issue on personal demo https://www.rukovoditel.net/account_dem ... quest=demo
and send me the demo link. I will look at it.
aci
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by aci »

Hello Sergey,

This is the demo link, I made only a small structure in order to show you the problem.

https://pdemo.rukovoditel.pro/3.0/index ... mo_id=1018

The screenshots attached have explanations.

Thank you for your time, please fix this when you can because it is important to be able to populate sub entities with data from a top entity like Customers using a Entity drop-down list (ajax) field. Otherwise we have to use only top level entities, and it is hard to make a complex structure only in this way.

Thank you again, have a nice day!
Attachments
Here the field Customers Entity drop-down list (ajax) is working as it should.
If I move the top level entity Customers to the sub entity Zones, than the field Customers ID is working as it should, but then all customers added like this are lost when I hide the current week when it pass (now we are in week number 53, on first of January we will be in week number 1 and so on).
If I move the top level entity Customers to the sub entity Zones, than the field Customers ID is working as it should, but then all customers added like this are lost when I hide the current week when it pass (now we are in week number 53, on first of January we will be in week number 1 and so on).
Here is the problem, the field Customer ID is a Entity drop-down list (ajax) field, but it does not have a corresponding field or a plus sign on the right side, as it should, because this field is connected to a top level entity Customers.
Here is the problem, the field Customer ID is a Entity drop-down list (ajax) field, but it does not have a corresponding field or a plus sign on the right side, as it should, because this field is connected to a top level entity Customers.
aci
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by aci »

Please look at the pictures from bottom to top in order to understand what I try to explain.

In order to reproduce the problem, please login as user dispatcher 1 than go to Working Weeks, than select week number 53 (the current week) than select East Zone than try to add an order.

P.S. This is very strange, after moving top level entity Customers as sub-entity of Zones and than back again as a top level entity, the ajax field seems to work even it is connected to a top level entity. I will try again on my live system to see if it is working as it should.
aci
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by aci »

Hello Sergey,

No need to check any more, it seems that with this small trick of moving a top entity in a sub entity position and than back to top everithing is working fine!

Please close this topic.

Thank you, have a nice day!