Process Button edit Vs Action - Edit

StuartB_75
Name: Stuart B

Process Button edit Vs Action - Edit

Post by StuartB_75 »

Hi, good morning.
I was hoping to use the new 'Process Button' field to allow a user to update a record without having access to the "Action: info, edit, delete" as a more obvious and simple way of updating a record. I'm struggling to get it to work as it should and was hoping someone might be able to assist.

If I update a record with the 'Action' controls then the form displays as it should with two tabs being selectable, section headings and form layout (see first images).
01 Main Menu Grid.jpg
01 Action Edit With Tabs.jpg
02 Action Edit With Tabs 2.jpg
If I use the 'Process button' there's none of the same formatting in the form - tabs are displayed but not selectable, section headings not showing, and no display rules. I have Field Access Rules and Display Rules ticked to apply them in the Extra - Settings window of the action
04 Process Button - Unformatted Form.jpg
06 Process setting window.jpg
I have the entity set up to show as a Grid. If I don't include 'Action' as one of the sections in the layout then it's impossible for me to access any of the tabs in the form. and it doesn't allow for updating of other tabs

Any suggestions would be great, as well as any news as to whether Sections are going to be added to the Automate Form configuration section

Thanks very much
rmcdonald
Investor
Investor
Name: Robert McDonald
Company Name: Unicloud

Re: Process Button edit Vs Action - Edit

Post by rmcdonald »

Hi this shouldn't really be posted in the bug section, you will need to use the process buttons and with version 3 you can now design your form layout for the process buttons